Great Waiter Tips
- You only get one chance to make a first impression.
- Wear comfortable shoes. Waiters need to keep their feet happy.
- Practice makes perfect.
- Tables should always be level and not wobbly; fix them before you seat customers!
- Be consistent! Be as attentive at the beginning of the meal as at the end.
- Know the menu. Then you can talk about the dishes in a professional manner.
- Take your time when saying specials. Make them sound interesting. Don’t recite them as though they’re a list.
- Smile! Because a smile goes a mile!
- It’s as important to greet customers on the way out as it is on the way in.
- Don’t call your customers “guys” or “dudes”. Sir, Madam, Mr or Mrs will be fine.
Are you a restuarant owner or manager?
Download these useful waiter tips. Print them out – stick them up – so your waiters can learn them.
Keep an eye on our blog for the next 10 great waiter tips.